BRD FIRST Tech Challenge Romania gives high school students alongside their adult mentors the opportunity to work and create together in order to build a robot that completes all the tasks of the game. Teams are challenged to design and build a robot using a robotics kit of and within a common set of rules to play a fun field game. The robot game changes every season and is a blast!
FIRST rewards teams for achievements both on and off the field − excellence in design, demonstrated team spirit, Gracious Professionalism ® , and outreach efforts are some of the award criteria. Winning is always secondary to the quality of the overall experience.
• Remember: NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND YOU ARE NEVER ALONE.
• Essential steps to starting a BRD FIRST Tech Challenge team:
Familiarize yourself with BRD FIRST Tech Challenge by checking out the materials on our and FIRST website and social media pages. Then contact us to help you with a plan for getting your team funded, organized, and in touch with other teams in the area.
Mentor Training and Resources
Each team needs two or more adult Mentors who are willing and motivated to coach the team through the build and competition season and beyond. Other adults can volunteer to help with administration, fundraising, community outreach, and other tasks.
Building Teams that Build Robots
• Want to Learn More about Creating your Engineering Notebook?
• Engineering Notebook Guidelines
• Engineering Notebook Self-Assessment: PDF | Word
• Engineering Notebook Examples: Team 365 (.zip) | Team #4250 (.zip) | Team #5037 (.zip) | Team 6134 (.zip)